2014 is projected to be a big year for the mobile marketing industry. Not only is mobile device ownership and use expected to skyrocket, but mobile marketing is becoming increasingly important to businesses of all sizes and industries. Here is a list of the top 20 users on Twitter helping us keep up with up-to-date information on the mobile marketing industry who we recommend you follow:
- Mobile Marketing Association (@MMAglobal ) – this leading trade association seeks to expand the creation and growth of mobile marketing technologies in the U.S. and abroad.
- Mobile Marketer (@Mobile MaktrDaily) – one of the top online news sources for information on mobile marketing, media, and e-commerce online.
- Mobile Marketing (@MMMagTweets) –published by Dot Media, Mobile Marketing from London, UK shares insight on the mobile marketing industry.
- Engadget Mobile (@engadgetmobile) – this page offers get up-to-date information on the latest mobile gadgets.
- IntoMobile (@IntoMobile) – one of the most widely read source on cell phones which also features up-to-date reviews on new mobile technology.
- Gregory Hickman (@gjhickman) – founder of MobileMixed.com and author of The SMS Marketing Handbook who does mobile marketing for Cabela’s.
- Hank Mondaca (@Mobil_Marketer) –VP of Sonic Mobile USA working to bridge the gap between both techies and marketers, particularly in the mobile arena.
- Helen Keegan (@technokitten) – A mobile marketing specialist for over 10 years and creator of the blog Technokitten.com.
- Liz Philips (@iizLiz) – Sr. Marketing Manager at Qualcomm with over 15 years of experience in the marketing field who discusses app technology on Twitter.
- Graham Charlton (@gcharlton) – Editor-In-Chief of Econsultancy who blogs about digital marketing and commerce.
- Angie Schottmuller (@aschottmuller) – Director of Optimization at Three Deep Marketing who has worked with both B2C and B2B companies for over 13 years. Her specializations include mobile conversion optimization, mobile landing pages, and mobile SEO.
- Katrina Klier (@KatrinaKlier) – Managing Director of Global Marketing and Communications at Accenture and a Women in Tech Advocate.
- Scott Stanchak (@ScottStanchak )– Mobile Marketing Manager for the New York Times who offers up-to-date insight on apps.
- Bhavishya Kanjhan (@bhavishya) – Mobile Marketing Professional and Tech Contributor for Gulf News also listed as one of Dubai’s “100 most compelling tweeters”.
- Rhonda Rice (@shegeek) – A Mobile and App Development Entrepreneur from the Dallas, TX area
- Tom Edwards (@BlackFin360) – a Mobile, Social, and Digital Marketing expert who and VP of Digital Strategy
- Kelly Hodgkins (@kellyhodgkins) – Senior Editor for IntoMobile and app reviewer who has been a technology writer for about 5 years.
- Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs) – Chief Content Officer at MarketingProfs and author of Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcats, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
- eMarketer (@eMarketer) – Offers up-to-date information on digital marketing, commerce, and media
- MobileMarketingWatch (@MobileMW) – A mobile marketing resource owned and operated by mobileStorm in Los Angeles
One of the best things about mobile advertising is that you can quickly change the creative and the offering based on topical things like the weather. In this video, ATS Mobile’s Scott Bronenberg braves the frigid weather to discuss why geo-targeted mobile ad buys might just make your local business wish that another storm would come soon.
With more people both purchasing and using a mobile device, it only makes sense that the rate of mobile searches done by consumers will surely increase. According the RKG’s quarterly digital marketing report:
- Over one-quarter (29 percent) of all web searches done in Q4 of 2013 were through mobile. This is an increase from 20 percent during 2012.
- 32 percent of organic searches on Google were done on a mobile device in Q4 of 2013; this is an increase from 30 percent in Q3 of 2013.
- 30 percent of organic searches on Yahoo were mobile, which is a very slight drop from the number of searches conducted via mobile on this website in Q3.
- 32 percent of paid search traffic were generated on smartphones and tablets.
- 35 percent of Google’s paid click ads were mobile.
- Attempts to monetize mobile traffic and paid listings for Q4 actually slowed down the rate of mobile organic search visits last year.
It is essential for businesses to create responsive websites for mobile devices because consumers form a faster impression of a business through this channel than desktop pages. Six 0ut of 10 consumers say that they will leave a website that’s not mobile friendly, while 3 out of 4 people will return to a site optimized for mobile.
Visit us at atsmobile.com to learn more about how we can help you integrate responsive web design into the marketing strategy of your business. ATS Mobile is a full-service mobile marketing agency that will work with your business to drive more consumer engagement with your goods and services.
Almost 2,000 Small Business marketers shared their marketing priorities for this year in a eFax and eVoice report by j2 Global’s Campaigner.
Over a quarter (28 percent) say that they plan to increase the online presence of their small business.
Social media apps will also be a popular marketing tool among small business marketers in 2014. Over 70 percent plan to use Facebook to reach potential consumers, while Twitter and Youtube were rated as the second and third most popular mobile apps for marketing.
Meanwhile, almost half (43%) say that the key to the success of their small business will be exercising. Openness to new ideas was another popular resolution. Openness to mobile marketing will definitely work in the favor of local, small businesses as more consumers use their mobile device to shop at local stores.
Visit atsmobile.com to learn more about how to integrate mobile into the marketing strategy of your small business.
New stats from an Ad Age survey show that business-to-business marketers want to make a big shift in how they advertise to consumers.
While only 21 percent of B-to-B marketers shared that mobile would be important to their business last year, 47 percent said mobile will be a top priority this year. Almost the same percentage said they currently offer mobile apps to consumers as part of their mobile strategy.
Content marketing through both mobile devices and social media will also be used more often by marketers in 2014. While web-based content was and still be the most commonly used marketing channel, print-based marketing will decline by 10 percent.
Overall, over 61 percent of B-to-B marketers cite that digital spending will make up over one-quarter of their business’ marketing budget. Like mobile, online spending on video, banner ads, and webcasts/webinars will also be increased throughout the year.
Visit atsmobile.com to learn more about how to integrate mobile into your business’ digital marketing strategy.
With the New Year in full swing, Brad Bierman of ATS Mobile has already made four big predictions about the role of mobile marketing for this year. They include:
- Mobile consumers expect to have a more personalized experience with businesses via apps and ads.
- Marketers will feel more comfortable with mobile advertising than in previous years.
- Businesses of all sizes will venture use mobile advertising to promote their brands.
- Mobile marketing will be more visual, and the integration of video and 3-d footage will be more common.
Watch Brad Bierman talk more in-depth about all four points in this new video, and Happy New Year!
A Mobile Marketing Educational Webinar by Brad Bierman
ATS Mobile’s Brad Bierman presents “Restaurants To Go: Meal Time Goes Mobile.”
As part of ATS’s continuing mobile marketing webinar series, Brad Bierman presents “Mealtime Goes Mobile.” Bierman discusses various mobile marketing tactics that will help your restaurant sell more via mobile. The speaker discusses text message marketing, responsive design mobile websites, apps development, custom QR Codes, and geo-targeted mobile advertising buys for restaurants.
- Video Production for Restaurants
- Texting Tuesday: Text Message Marketing – Your Message on the Move
- Valentine’s Day Goes Mobile
- The Building Blocks of Mobile Marketing
- QR Codes for Trade Show Promotions
- How to Expand Your Business Internationally | Bob Bentz | atsMobile Blog on ATS-Prague Office
- Smartphone Ownership by Country: USA is 13th, Canada 14th | atsMobile Blog on Younger, Wealthier People Are More Likely To Own A Smartphone
- Mobile Marketing For Restaurants | atsMobile Blog on Why Text Messaging Works So Well for Restaurants
- Most Mobile Advertisers Now Using Geo-Targeting in Campaigns | atsMobile Blog on Mobile Advertising Going Local
- Premium SMS Services End in the United States | atsMobile Blog on Rules for Political Telemarketing
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- May 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- 800 numbers
- 900 numbers
- Cell Phone, Technology
- Cell Phones
- Company News
- Cool Stuff
- Credit Card Processing
- Custom QR Codes
- Czech Republic
- Internet Marketing
- Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Billing
- Mobile Coupons
- Mobile Marketing
- Mobile SEO
- Mobile Websites
- Premium SMS
- QR Blog
- QR Codes
- Robo Calls
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media
- Text Message Marketing
- Text Messaging
- United Kingdom