Bob Bentz, president of ATS Mobile, gives his quarterly update on text message marketing and what it could do for your business.
2014 is projected to be a big year for the mobile marketing industry. Not only is mobile device ownership and use expected to skyrocket, but mobile marketing is becoming increasingly important to businesses of all sizes and industries. Here is a list of the top 20 users on Twitter helping us keep up with up-to-date information on the mobile marketing industry who we recommend you follow:
- Mobile Marketing Association (@MMAglobal ) – this leading trade association seeks to expand the creation and growth of mobile marketing technologies in the U.S. and abroad.
- Mobile Marketer (@Mobile MaktrDaily) – one of the top online news sources for information on mobile marketing, media, and e-commerce online.
- Mobile Marketing (@MMMagTweets) –published by Dot Media, Mobile Marketing from London, UK shares insight on the mobile marketing industry.
- Engadget Mobile (@engadgetmobile) – this page offers get up-to-date information on the latest mobile gadgets.
- IntoMobile (@IntoMobile) – one of the most widely read source on cell phones which also features up-to-date reviews on new mobile technology.
- Gregory Hickman (@gjhickman) – founder of MobileMixed.com and author of The SMS Marketing Handbook who does mobile marketing for Cabela’s.
- Hank Mondaca (@Mobil_Marketer) –VP of Sonic Mobile USA working to bridge the gap between both techies and marketers, particularly in the mobile arena.
- Helen Keegan (@technokitten) – A mobile marketing specialist for over 10 years and creator of the blog Technokitten.com.
- Liz Philips (@iizLiz) – Sr. Marketing Manager at Qualcomm with over 15 years of experience in the marketing field who discusses app technology on Twitter.
- Graham Charlton (@gcharlton) – Editor-In-Chief of Econsultancy who blogs about digital marketing and commerce.
- Angie Schottmuller (@aschottmuller) – Director of Optimization at Three Deep Marketing who has worked with both B2C and B2B companies for over 13 years. Her specializations include mobile conversion optimization, mobile landing pages, and mobile SEO.
- Katrina Klier (@KatrinaKlier) – Managing Director of Global Marketing and Communications at Accenture and a Women in Tech Advocate.
- Scott Stanchak (@ScottStanchak )– Mobile Marketing Manager for the New York Times who offers up-to-date insight on apps.
- Bhavishya Kanjhan (@bhavishya) – Mobile Marketing Professional and Tech Contributor for Gulf News also listed as one of Dubai’s “100 most compelling tweeters”.
- Rhonda Rice (@shegeek) – A Mobile and App Development Entrepreneur from the Dallas, TX area
- Tom Edwards (@BlackFin360) – a Mobile, Social, and Digital Marketing expert who and VP of Digital Strategy
- Kelly Hodgkins (@kellyhodgkins) – Senior Editor for IntoMobile and app reviewer who has been a technology writer for about 5 years.
- Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs) – Chief Content Officer at MarketingProfs and author of Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcats, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
- eMarketer (@eMarketer) – Offers up-to-date information on digital marketing, commerce, and media
- MobileMarketingWatch (@MobileMW) – A mobile marketing resource owned and operated by mobileStorm in Los Angeles
It’s a new year and many businesses are reflecting on 2013 and looking to make resolutions on how to make more money in 2014.
One way that many businesses and organizations can do better is to embrace mobile. Sound too complicated or too involved? Or, you have a small business that doesn’t have much of a marketing budget?
Text message marketing may be the answer.
Text message marketing is the workhorse of any mobile marketing strategy. If done right, it provides the best ROI of any aspect of mobile marketing and you can get started at 84444.com (USA) or 84444.ca (Canada) for as little as $25 per month!
In this video, ATS Mobile’s Bob Bentz gives ten of his top text message marketing tips to help make your text message campaign a success.
Want to get more great tips from Bob? Check out dozens more here.
New stats from an Ad Age survey show that business-to-business marketers want to make a big shift in how they advertise to consumers.
While only 21 percent of B-to-B marketers shared that mobile would be important to their business last year, 47 percent said mobile will be a top priority this year. Almost the same percentage said they currently offer mobile apps to consumers as part of their mobile strategy.
Content marketing through both mobile devices and social media will also be used more often by marketers in 2014. While web-based content was and still be the most commonly used marketing channel, print-based marketing will decline by 10 percent.
Overall, over 61 percent of B-to-B marketers cite that digital spending will make up over one-quarter of their business’ marketing budget. Like mobile, online spending on video, banner ads, and webcasts/webinars will also be increased throughout the year.
Visit atsmobile.com to learn more about how to integrate mobile into your business’ digital marketing strategy.
Now that 2013 is coming to a close, a recent survey from StrongView reveals the marketing spending plans of 387 North American business leaders for the new year.
Most business leaders shared that digital media marketing for their company will be increased in the upcoming year. Over 52 percent want to increase the amount of money spent on e-mail marketing campaigns. They also plan to spend more money promoting their brand through Social media (46 percent), SEO (41 percent), and online display ads (31 percent) in 2014.
In fact, 32 percent of business leaders want to expand their marketing efforts through mobile devices. Mobile ad spending has recently been predicted to outpace the amount of money spent on radio and magazine ads by 2016. This trend is already evident in the StrongView survey, for more business leaders plan to cut rather than expand ad spending in radio/TV, print, and direct mail.
Clearly, many business leaders see mobile marketing as a critical marketing tool in this increasingly digital age. To get more information about how to integrate mobile into the marketing strategy of your business, visit atsmobile.com.
Janel Forsythe has joined ATS as a Marketing Assistant. She is responsible for producing content for the company’s website and blog, maintaining its social media sites, and improving SEO results on Google Analytics.
Janel is originally from Norristown, but she attended Ursinus College in Collegeville, PA where she majored in Sociology and Media/Communications Studies. Janel was a Communications Intern at the North Penn United Way this past summer, and she has tutored students and consulted professors at Ursinus College. Her extracurricular activities in college included: Voices in Praise Gospel Choir, America Reads, SUN, and The Grizzly student newspaper. Janel looks forward to working at ATS Mobile where she can learn new skills in the mobile marketing field from her colleagues.
A Mobile Marketing Educational Webinar by Brad Bierman
ATS Mobile’s Brad Bierman presents “Restaurants To Go: Meal Time Goes Mobile.”
As part of ATS’s continuing mobile marketing webinar series, Brad Bierman presents “Mealtime Goes Mobile.” Bierman discusses various mobile marketing tactics that will help your restaurant sell more via mobile. The speaker discusses text message marketing, responsive design mobile websites, apps development, custom QR Codes, and geo-targeted mobile advertising buys for restaurants.
Too many companies start doing text message marketing and later cancel, because they don’t do it right. That’s why we offer concierge services for our text message marketing clients, because we live, eat, and sleep mobile marketing.
Here are some of the top text message marketing tips that we use in our mobile marketing strategy that we employ for our customers.
If you’d like to see all of my top text message marketing tips, visit our text marketing site 84444.com here.
- Video Production for Restaurants
- Texting Tuesday: Text Message Marketing – Your Message on the Move
- Valentine’s Day Goes Mobile
- The Building Blocks of Mobile Marketing
- QR Codes for Trade Show Promotions
- How to Expand Your Business Internationally | Bob Bentz | atsMobile Blog on ATS-Prague Office
- Smartphone Ownership by Country: USA is 13th, Canada 14th | atsMobile Blog on Younger, Wealthier People Are More Likely To Own A Smartphone
- Mobile Marketing For Restaurants | atsMobile Blog on Why Text Messaging Works So Well for Restaurants
- Most Mobile Advertisers Now Using Geo-Targeting in Campaigns | atsMobile Blog on Mobile Advertising Going Local
- Premium SMS Services End in the United States | atsMobile Blog on Rules for Political Telemarketing
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- May 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- 800 numbers
- 900 numbers
- Cell Phone, Technology
- Cell Phones
- Company News
- Cool Stuff
- Credit Card Processing
- Custom QR Codes
- Czech Republic
- Internet Marketing
- Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Billing
- Mobile Coupons
- Mobile Marketing
- Mobile SEO
- Mobile Websites
- Premium SMS
- QR Blog
- QR Codes
- Robo Calls
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media
- Text Message Marketing
- Text Messaging
- United Kingdom