One of the most powerful opportunities with mobile is that the mobile user is much closer to the buying process than a desktop user is. Along the path to purchase, a convenient Click to Call button on an app or mobile website makes it easy for the mobile user to simply touch the phone and generate a lead for your company.
Across various verticals, consumers have differing reasons for using a click to call. The most common reason is to check on the business hours and the second most common reason is to schedule an appointment or make a dinner reservation.
One of the tremendous advantage of mobile ad buys is the ability to geo-target your ad. No other medium has this precise ability to geo-target advertising like mobile advertising does.
Consider just a few of the promotions that ATS Mobile has done for its customers in being able to precisely target a mobile ad buy using geo-targeting and geo-fencing.
- A trucking company interested in attracting new drivers was able to geo-fence its mobile ad buy directly at the places where truckers frequent most — truck stops. We found a list of truck stops in Illinois and Wisconsin and only served ads to consumers stopping there.
- A yogurt shop identified its best customers as high school and college students. So, we were able to draw a geo-fence around the local school campuses within a 3 mile radius of the stores.
- A mall in Canada did a great promotion where we pinpointed a small 4 foot by 4 foot part of the mall floor. If you walked into this square with your mall app on, you won free lunch at the food court! What a great way to promote downloading the app for the mall!
2013 is the year of the mobile app! According to Chief Marketer’s 2013 Mobile Marketing Survey, 20.7% of marketers plan to launch a mobile app in 2013 and 27% already offer one or more mobile apps. Compared to 15.3% of companies who have a mobile specific website, it is obvious that marketers are making a push for mobile apps. These marketers claim that they hope to build frequency and engagement, offer rich content and build buzz for their brands through their mobile apps.
For more information on developing a mobile app for your business, visit ATS Mobile.
In this interactive webinar, ATS Mobile Marketing Executive, Brad Bierman, explains how mobile marketing can help you to maintain and increase sales in the highly competitive pizza business! Bierman focuses on mobile websites, text message marketing, apps, custom QR Codes, mobile ad buys, and mobile SEO to maximize the mobile presence of your pizza restaurant.
For more information on integrating mobile into your marketing strategy, visit ATS Mobile.
One of the biggest debates in the world of mobile marketing revolves around the choice between mobile websites and mobile apps for businesses. Ideally, all companies would take an integrated approach and have both a mobile website and a mobile app. Unfortunately, this approach is not always possible, especially for small business, because of factors such as budget.
For the companies who must make the difficult decision between mobile apps and mobile sites, it is important to take into consideration the benefits that mobile websites and mobile apps, individually, hold for a business.
Here is list of the advantages of both mobile websites and mobile apps that will hopefully aid you in developing the best mobile strategy for your company.
Mobile Websites: Advantages
- No Download Required
- Mobile sites can be accessed via a browser immediately. No download or installation is required for users to access content.
- Simpler Design
- Mobile websites are designed with simplicity in mind so that it is easy for users to navigate and find information on the mobile site.
- Cheaper to Develop
- Mobile website creation is 85% less expensive than mobile app development.
- Quicker to Market
- Not only are mobile websites more cost-effective, they are also more time-effective. It takes considerably less time to develop and market a mobile site than it does a mobile application.
- Easier to Update
- The content and design of mobile sites can be updated immediately. There is no need to push for updates like there is in mobile apps.
- The same mobile site can reach all mobile users, regardless of what type of device they are using. All iPhone, Android and other smartphone users access a single mobile site.
- Reach a Larger Audience
- Mobile websites allow businesses to reach essentially 100% of their audience. Mobile sites are available to anyone who has Internet access via their mobile devices.
- Search Results
- Mobile users can easily find a company’s mobile site via search engine results.
- Google Analytics for Mobile
- Businesses are able to track who is visiting their mobile sites via Google Analytics for Mobile and other mobile analytics programs.
- Opportunities for a Viral Audience
- It is easy for users to share mobile sites with friends via a link and through social media such as Facebook and Twitter posts
Mobile Apps: Advantages
- Ease of Use
- It is very easy for users to navigate through and interact with mobile applications.
- Usable Offline
- Users do not have to be connected to a network or wireless connection to use mobile applications.
- Once users download a mobile app, they are able to personalize the app based on their preferences and general use of the app.
- Easier to access data about users
- Marketers are able to access a wide variety of data about mobile users such as demographics, psychographics and geo-location through mobile apps.
- Apps can be integrated with smartphone features
- Mobile apps can be integrated with smartphone features such as the camera, microphone, geo-location and phonebook.
- Power of the Apple Store
- Apps are sold through the vast Apple Store.
- Mobile apps run faster than mobile websites.
- “Cool” Factor
- Mobile apps are one of the most recent innovations in mobile technology. Mobile apps also tend to have “cooler” visuals because mobile apps allow for more innovative graphics and effects.
- Allows you to reach a more affluent audience
- Mobile apps are generally used by a more affluent audience. According to a study performed by the Shullman Research Center, mobile apps are used by 90 percent of U.S. consumers with a household income of $250,000 or more.
- Complex Calculations
- Apps allow you to take data from a user and manipulate it using complex calculations at a quick speed.
When making this decision, it is also important to consider the vertical or industry that your business is competing in. For companies within specific industries, mobile apps often hold an obvious advantage over mobile sites, and vice versa. For example, radio stations would do much better with a mobile app compared to a mobile website because it is much easier and quicker to stream music on an app. On the other hand, restaurants would probably prefer to use a mobile site because it would be much easier for them to update their daily specials and make any menu changes on a site.
For more information on developing your comprehensive mobile marketing strategy, visit ATS Mobile.
You can do some pretty amazing things with apps and we’ve done some amazing things here at ATS Mobile. Technologies like GPS and Near Field Communications offer some very interesting options and we are prepared to offer them to your business through our mobile marketing agency.
If you want to see something really cool, check out this mobile marketing promotion by Coca-Cola from Hong Kong.
Think mobile marketing is all about pizzas and night clubs? Think again.
Autos are one of our biggest categories. In fact, the exclusive 2012 study by ATS Mobile interns showed that the automotive industry was the second largest user of our text message marketing solution at 84444.com and 84444.ca. That ranks autos just behind restaurants and ahead of night clubs!
This should come as no surprise as we’ve long known about affluent users and their love of iPads. Tablet ownership is more widespread among affluents than any other income group and those numbers continue to grow according to Ipsos MediaCT. In July 2012, 27% of affluents owned tablets.
Restaurants To Go is a special vertical offering of ATS Mobile. It is a suite of mobile marketing services designed exclusively for the restaurant industry.
- Time Spent with Mobile
- Best Tips for Text Message Marketing
- Easy Link Building Tips
- Bob Bentz’s Top Ten Texting Tips
- Jobs Philadelphia – Developer
- Mobile Marketing For Restaurants | atsMobile Blog on Why Text Messaging Works So Well for Restaurants
- Most Mobile Advertisers Now Using Geo-Targeting in Campaigns | atsMobile Blog on Mobile Advertising Going Local
- Premium SMS Services End in the United States | atsMobile Blog on Rules for Political Telemarketing
- Premium SMS Services End in the United States | atsMobile Blog on Donate to my Political Campaign: Send me a Text
- Philadelphia Mobile Marketing Company Opens New Offices | atsMobile Blog on Two New Logos. Same Great Companies
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- May 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- 800 numbers
- 900 numbers
- Cell Phone, Technology
- Cell Phones
- Company News
- Cool Stuff
- Credit Card Processing
- Czech Republic
- Internet Marketing
- Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Apps
- Mobile Billing
- Mobile Coupons
- Mobile Marketing
- Mobile SEO
- Mobile Websites
- Premium SMS
- QR Codes
- Robo Calls
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media
- Text Message Marketing
- Text Messaging
- United Kingdom